ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Hyperspeed Now Being Tracked By GuitarHero.Com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ILoveHellsAshes  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, guys.

Hyperspeed is better than cupcakes and shit like that. Chris made it pretty clear that it isn't a cheat. So besides the fact of being stupid, if you still believe that Hyperspeed is a cheat, you shouldn't be able to play Geetar Heroz.

Now, instead of fighting over Hypersp00dz in GH3, lets aim for Hyperspeed in Rock Band 2.

Too big, not to mention stupid.

Goal: 60 GH3X FC\'s (DONE!)
Goal: 750kEWWS (745k)

ILoveHellAshes - 4 wins, JPrez44 - 0 wins.

Last edited by ILoveHellsAshes on Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: L Breathe I
Tiddlywinks  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJShultz wrote:
Tiddlywinks wrote:
Well, Hyperspeed is now officially not a cheat huh? The thing you have to keep in mind is that this only affects Hyperspeed in GH3, not GH2. GH2 Hyperspeed is still up in the air.

Are you for real? They just said outright that the official Neversoft policy is that "Hyperspeed" is not considered a cheat, and you're going to try to claim that using hyperspeed in GH2 is somehow still debatable?

I never said I think Hyperspeed is a cheat or it isn't. Personally I don't care either way. My point is that Neversoft's official word on Hyperspeed has no impact on a game Neversoft never had anything to do with. In this case, Guitar Hero 2.
LocalH  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, he's got a point. If this was Activision/RO making the statement, then it'd be completely settled for all GH games, but it's not. I mean, I know the vast majority of us don't consider it cheating in the normal sense of the word, but as has been said before there are still a few stragglers even in the general rhythm gaming scene, so it makes sense that there are people that still consider HS cheating in GH2/80s. I don't personally understand where they come from, but it's their right to hold that viewpoint until it impedes on the rights of those who choose to consider hyperspeed legitimate. I also respect those who don't consider it a cheat but still choose not to use it (see: dreamaddict). And I agree with him, I would be ecstatic if GH4 allowed separate speed settings for both players (I'm not experienced enough with DDR proper to know if it does, but I know Stepmania offers loads of mods which are separate to each player). GH3 already has the base support for such code since you can play regular faceoff and the tracks will scroll at different speeds, so I'd think it'd be rather trivial for them to modify that for GH4 and allow some way to choose scroll speed per-player. It would also make it much easier to run tournaments on GH4 knowing that you wouldn't have to try to pair up people who prefer hyperspeed and people who don't use it at all such as at the last two tournaments I participated in.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
ShinobiAC  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Archi, yes, hyperspeed did start off as a cheat code in early DDR and was not a menu option. There were no menu options in the first DDR games. And yes I was talking about these games when referring to hyperspeed starting off as a cheat. I think you misinterpreted the majority of my post since you don't have any real knowledge as to the origins of hyperspeed, but that's ok. Like I said, coming from my background, it's easy to see why it's viewable as a cheat. New young gamers point to DDR as though the game has always had the speed mod option as a normal menu option when this is just plain incorrect.

Also, you are mentioning Bag and Speed mods as a comparison to Jam Jam Reggae, when the original Jam Jam Reggae was introduced in a game without speed mods where you had to enter a cheat code.

You should take the time to read through a post rather than just picking out random lines and responding to them out of context and incorrectly. The context of the post was the origins of hyperspeed as a cheat code and its relation to songs like Jam Jam Reggae. Oh well, doesn't matter! Was just hoping to spark some intelligent discussion.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiddlywinks wrote:
TJShultz wrote:
Tiddlywinks wrote:
Well, Hyperspeed is now officially not a cheat huh? The thing you have to keep in mind is that this only affects Hyperspeed in GH3, not GH2. GH2 Hyperspeed is still up in the air.

Are you for real? They just said outright that the official Neversoft policy is that "Hyperspeed" is not considered a cheat, and you're going to try to claim that using hyperspeed in GH2 is somehow still debatable?

I never said I think Hyperspeed is a cheat or it isn't. Personally I don't care either way. My point is that Neversoft's official word on Hyperspeed has no impact on a game Neversoft never had anything to do with. In this case, Guitar Hero 2.

*rolls eyes*

C'mon people, this is getting down to a ridiculous level of semantics.

Neversoft have made an official announcement about the game, which is a joint production between Red Octane and Neversoft. Red Octane had everything to do with previous versions of the game. Neversoft would have Red Octane's blessing when it comes to how they deal with the scoreboards and scoring decisions. This is official as it gets: Hyperspeed is not considered an unfair advantage, ergo it is not a "cheat" for the purposes of online scoring and competition. Case closed.

With respect to Guitar Hero 2 : I will point out that scores under Hyperspeed register on the online Guitar Hero 2 leaderboards. This simple fact alone tells me that Hyperspeed was NOT considered a cheat in Guitar Hero 2 either.

The ScoreHero stance is that Hyperspeed is not a cheat either, and scores made with Hyperspeed are valid for the ScoreHero leaderboards.

So why are we even arguing? All the official leaderboards accept Hyperspeed scores, and this unofficial one does too. Get over it.

Last edited by tma on Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: zzUrbanSpaceman
Nikki  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I didn't even know that Hyperspeed was considered cheating by so many players... I guess I fall into this:
Quote:
New young gamers point to DDR as though the game has always had the speed mod option as a normal menu option when this is just plain incorrect.

(Except I knew it had a code, just didn't think it was considered cheating in the beginning)

I've been always around with Speed Mods, playing DDR, ITG, IIDX, Pop'n Music and Pump It Up.
But I'm not so good with high speed mods, except in IIDX, don't know why =P

In GH, I use no HS or HS1. My brother uses HS3 or HS4. I don't see any problem with this except... when we want to play co-op ¬¬"
Funny part is, he plays HS not because it's easier to read, but his timing is bad with lower HS ^^'
poody13  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally no more bitching about Hyperspeed being a cheat! Thank you for the official word.
Trytan  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. This was added like a week ago. My hyperspeed scores still aren't being registered by Guitarhero.com

Whats up here? This website updates more then once a week. I know that.
ZedameX  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, first post. Hi everyone.

Yeah I find the scores in general just random whether or not they want to upload or not. I've played plenty of songs that haven't registered on the site. It bugs me like mad.

Its also obvious that gh.com uses more than one database. For instance, sometimes my scores upload to gh.com but NOT xbox live leaderboards. I haven't experienced it being the other way around. We've had times where the rank shown was related to the live leaderboards scores, but the score registered on the site is much higher, so the rank that appears to correspond with the score achieved ends up making no sense at all and being very inaccurate.

All I know is that only one database per platform should be used and the whole system should be more accurate. It would be very nice if scores registered better as well.

I'd like the idea of having a synchronize option to update scores properly but that could possibly pose problems with fake scores I guess.

Oh, and those scores not uploading were playing with no "cheats" enabled, fact I've still yet to unlock any of them in GH3.

As for the hyperspeed debate, my stance is: I'd be much happier if it was an option say, underneath or above lefty flip. But I've given up caring if people use it or not.
amackey  

Location: mooreland, oklahoma (I am not a cowboy and I hate country music)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: hyperspeed Reply with quote

hyperspeed never effected my playing because I played jordan on both normal and hyperspeed and got the same percentage which was 97%
darkrequiem0  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Cool Reply with quote

This is awesome. I think people who get FCs on songs on hyperspeed should get more praise, because you have to be more precise.
Tahmer  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should've just put hyperspeed in the options menu like all the konami games. It's not a cheat by any means. I personally don't use it in GH because it makes me panic and suck, BUT in games like DDR and Beatmania I turn the speed up a bit and it helps me significantly. I've just never understood the need for it in GH because i think the scroll speed is fast enough.
Anaesthesia  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, you don't have to be more precise. The notes are coming at the same time, and in terms of time the window to hit the notes is exactly the same. Like someone said somewhere (possibly somewhere in this thread), the exact same input will get you the exact same score, regardless of HS.

FC progress (GH-GH2-80s-GH3-GHA-WT)
M: 47-64-30-70-41-86(G)-84(B): 422/422
H: 41-55-25-62-36-65(G)-72(B): 356/422
X: 22-20-11-33-20-51(G)-68(B): 225/422

"Forgive yourself, for no one else will die for your crimes."
Freequebec86  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ILoveHellsAshes wrote:
Honestly, guys.

Hyperspeed is better than cupcakes and shit like that. Chris made it pretty clear that it isn't a cheat. So besides the fact of being stupid, if you still believe that Hyperspeed is a cheat, you shouldn't be able to play Geetar Heroz.

Now, instead of fighting over Hypersp00dz in GH3, lets aim for Hyperspeed in Rock Band 2.

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rock Band = Perfect
toymachine  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: hyperspeed Reply with quote

amackey wrote:
hyperspeed never effected my playing because I played jordan on both normal and hyperspeed and got the same percentage which was 97%

why not submit that score?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

Jump to: