ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero III DLC : Coldplay Track Pack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wes-BasSMaNiac07  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I want this Coldplay DLC!

But, um...any more GH3 DLC becoming free anytime soon?

Or, GH:Aerosmith DLC when that came releases?

D=
DarkFoxMrd wrote:
...I for one will continue to play both Guitar Hero and Rock Band and consider myself lucky for being able to drop the drama and bull crap and just enjoy things.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BaSsMaNiac07
PatriotsSox  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have loved any of these Coldplay songs as RB DLC. Too bad GH3 got them.
quovadis13  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (GPASUYF), is my counting correct, or did they put an SP phrase that is 7 MEASURES LONG??? Its the string of reds in the middle. I counted 8 beats 7 times and I assume those are 8th notes. Are the charters insane?? Why are you making the SP phrase last longer than the actual SP would??

They just cant help but overchart these things even when they simplify the songs.

EDIT: And then they put in another phrase that is 6 measures!!! They have gone mad with SP.

Double Edit: 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One SP phrase is 8 measures long!!

I hope my counting is wrong because that is just plain stupid.
Thanks rkuo for your awesome guide!

Ever wonder to yourself "I wonder how well quovadis13 is doing in Rock Band"? No? Well, click here anyways
ZackaryCF  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish these were for RB...the best instrumental part of Coldplay is the percussion...

O well, not like it matters, I don't even have a DLC capable system (PS2 )
Knut  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First the Isle of Shite pack and now this?

Last time I checked it said GHIII: Legends of Rock, not Legends of Boring Piece of Crap. Sure, you can like Coldplay as much as you want, but it's definitely NOT GH material.

I've been true to GHIII, bought every song pack as well as an extra copy of the game to see if the American version lagged less than the European version (which it did o_O), and I find this disrespectful to the fans and the Guitar Hero name. In addition, I can't save my game anymore. FIX PLX!

I think I'll just import Rock Band from England and put GHIII on the shelf.

DISAPPOINTING!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SdS3030  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow you guys really missed the mark here... RB gets Disturbed (great songs as well, love the new album) and GH3: Legends of Rock gets... Coldplay? They're both great bands, but... seriously?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else think that a Buckethead DLC would rock? I sure do.

[X] Top 100 in a song (Soothsayer - #32)
..... (Exo Politics - #99)

The Ultimate Bonus Songs Guide
Anatomizing The Cliffs Of Dover - 5* & FC Guide
Beast And The Harlot - Expert - 5* Guide
Stricken Guide v.1.1
SpellcasterX  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sadly must stop purchasing DLC until Neversoft realizes that if you're going to release easy songs for the casual player, you have to release extremely famous songs since that's all the casual player wants to play.

Extremely unknown / not-cared-for songs should have extreme solos.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play GH3 for the holy s**t this is breaking my fingers challenge...

I play Rockband for the multiplayer, drums and lack of lag for guitar. (Which means any song is good to download as long as it's good to listen to or challenging)

That's the problem with GH3 putting out easy tracks. I don't play GH3 with other people because Rockband is better in that sense. So when I play GH3 by myself I want hard tracks.
themailman  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Coldplay DLC isnt what i expected. Really simple stuff. My GF (medium player at best) managed to plug thru these 4 on Hard without problems - she's thrilled, im happy for her.

But, these 3 wouldve been amazing on RB.

Im all for DLC, but they have to seriously try and find either newer artists to include, or release stuff that has made the game as success as it is.

If in doubt, re-release some GH1 and GH2 stuff playable for GH3 on that format, id love to see a re-release of Jessica or Carry on my Wayward son for GH3, and yes, id buy it (im lazy and hate changing games sometimes, and PS2 - i rarely hook that up now).
kse2181  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SdS3030 wrote:
Wow you guys really missed the mark here... RB gets Disturbed (great songs as well, love the new album) and GH3: Legends of Rock gets... Coldplay? They're both great bands, but... seriously?

once again, Legends of Rock does NOT refer to the bands in the game. it refers to YOU the player

Neversoft will never win indeed. everyone bitches no matter what they do. On the contrary, I'm applauding them. Keep up the good work!
fbimunky  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one's forcing anyone to buy the DLC. But it would mean the world to me if they put up songs my sister in elementary school can't FC.

The only songs I can't beat are Jordan and TDWDTG...I need something that breaks my balls.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about cool music? :|
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: destruktive87
Systematic1  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, wow. Rock on

Last DLC I got for GH3 was the modern metal pack, looks like it's going to stay that way.
tidus  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like there's a bit of bashing there...I ve been lurkin' 'round here, and hope that this DLC doesn't end having the same treatment as the No Doubt songs have had. Don't like the DLC? Simply don't buy it.

I never heard Coldplay, or maybe I heard but never knew it was them...then I watched the vids. Cool and catchy songs, and important for the Enlightened Guitarist achievo, for beinng pretty easy, although fun.

I liked more Yellow. <3 chordfests like this. Also, people here said very well what the game subtitle refers to.

Neversoft doesn't have the same DLC purposes as Harmonix, despite GH:WT follows faithfully the RB line. The DLC's are being made to appeal to various sorts of rock music tastes, and we were lacking of Alt. Rock.

If I could bet a better way than Internet to by MS points, this DLC would be mine. My Expert FC curriculum would thank.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: